Lead Project Engineer
Adam Safran is a mechanical engineer with extensive experience and training in business management who loves conceptual and analytical thinking to execute organizational plans. He is fully committed to designing, developing innovative tools and strategies to achieve goals. He strives to learn from anyone, regardless of industry.
Adam received a BS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Petroleum and Minerals. King Fahd in 1999 and received his MBA in 2007. In addition, he earned relevant PMP certifications and a Master’s degree in Applied Research from the Swiss Business School in 2019.
After graduation, he worked as an engineer for Saudi Aramco, where he succeeded in planning and organizing general maintenance at the Abkaik gas plant. He was then assigned to the Department of Engineering Facilities, where he managed, executed and completed renovation projects ahead of schedule. As part of his work, he also supervised other junior engineers in the execution of external maintenance contracts.
He is currently leading the demolition of the existing damaged ASL tank and the construction of a new facility to ensure a reliable supply of crude oil to customers.
As an experienced leader and team player, Adam has the experience and innovative mindset to carry out any construction project.
Adam was the keynote speaker at the 2019 World Demolition Summit, which was held in Boston, USA.
Managing Principal Fabio Bruno Pinto
Fábio Bruno Pinto graduated in Mining Engineering from the Federal University of Minas Gerais in 2000 and in Business Administration in 2005 at FGV, both in Brazil. He established his own company in 2001, specializing in the use of explosives. Following numerous successful demolitions with no accidents in his career, he has been responsible for many of the more important demolition projects in Brazil, including projects for Soccer World Cup in 2014 and the Olimpic Games in 2016. After many services in South America, he made his first service in North America in 2018, with the implosion of 3 buildings in Nassau, Bahamas. After this implosion he created a company Fábio Bruno USA to operate in the biggest market of the world.
After being born and raised on a farm in Illinois (USA) and receiving a blasting-focused Master’s degree in Mining Engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla in 1982, Joe and Liz, his wife and a Metallurgical Engineer, moved to South Africa in 1983 in pursuit of adventure and opportunity. Joe then undertook applied blasting research for the Research Organization of the Chamber of Mines of South Africa until 1989.
This was followed by 5 years of technical consulting, field projects and product development relating to many facets of explosives applications. He developed a patented range of shaped explosive charges for demolition and rock breaking, and this is what pulled him to the demolition industry in 1991. He discovered the ultimate occupation, and formed the company Jet Demolition (Pty) Ltd, with the company name and logo being inspired by the jetting action of a shaped explosive charge.
Soon after, he was joined by Liz, and they set about building a technically-based company from scratch with the objective of providing the highest quality of safe demolition services in Africa.
Jet Demolition undertakes mainly heavy industrial demolition projects for multinational companies who demand the highest levels of safety and quality in the developing world, and also large and difficult commercial projects. They undertake projects throughout Africa and have also worked in Indonesia. Whilst originally planning to spend 2-3 years in South Africa, Joe and Liz fell under the spell of Africa, raised a family of 4 wonderful sons, and became fully entrenched there.
They are now in their 38th year in South Africa and the adventure continues.
Partner of Edifice Engineering (India)
Uttkarsh Mehta, born on 16th September 1976 & raised in Mumbai, a financial Capital of India is currently a Partner in Edifice Engineering, a Company involved in Engineering and Safe Demolitions of Cricket Stadiums, Hospitals, Multiplex Theatres, Shopping Malls, Bridges & Residential and Commercial buildings in India and brings 11 years of relevant experience in the Demolition Industry.
His Core Expertise is to mechanise execution of Demolition Contracts. His academic qualifications of Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Stream supports the over all cause of mechanisation in his day to day activity. He equipments, increasing excels in the up-keep of the productivity & Speed of execution at site and is committed to the profession. Safety is another area which is close to his heart and has certified his company for ISO 45001:2018 & ISO Certification of 9001: 2015.
After graduation, did his post graduation in Foreign Trade & Diploma in Marketing Management, started his career with Jobs in various industries in Sales department such as Sale of Equipment for Sugar Factories, Fastening& Demolition Industry and then plunged into business with a working Partner of complete Engineering Dismantling and Demolition jobs across India.
His key success areas are Sales & Marketing. He manages a company of 55 Employees with a turn over of about USD 7 Mio. He loves travelling, music & is a hardcore field guy with good man management skills. Combining his interest with business he travels abroad in search of good equipments and technologies and establishes new technologies in India.
He shall be proud to say that his company Edifice Engineering is the biggest Demolition Company in India with 6 Nos High Reach Excavators in their asset list with tallest being 34M Pin Height (Only Machine in India of this height) and 3 Nos of 85KW Track Saws, 4 Nos of Shears , Demolition Robots and various other equipements.
He dreamt of being an entreprenuer and today he is successful based on his core values of hardwork & Smartwork.
Head of the Department of Organization of Experimental Design and Construction GBU «Mosstroyrazvitie»
Professional achievements and experience:
• Participated from 2009 to 2014 in the construction of facilities for the Winter Olympics in Sochi, as a project manager of the State Corporation “Olympstroy”;
• From 2015 to 2017, he took part in the construction of facilities of the Moscow metro, as head of the technical engineering department of Mosinzhproekt JSC;
• From 2017 to 2019, he worked as a deputy director at the Federal Agency for Construction of the Design Directorate of the Ministry of Construction of Russia in the direction of preparing regulatory legal acts and regulatory technical documents for the implementation of information modeling technologies (BIM technologies) in the life cycle management of capital construction facilities;
• From 2019 to the present, he has been taking part in the implementation of experimental construction projects in the city of Moscow, in the position of deputy head of the department for the organization of experimental design and construction of the State Budgetary Institution “Mosstroyrazvitie” (a subordinate institution of the Department of Urban Development Policy of the City of Moscow).
In addition, he is actively involved in scientific and teaching activities:
• Author and presenter of more than 20 training courses and webinars, senior researcher University of the Ministry of Construction NIISF RAASN;
• Took an active part in the development and approval of codes of practice for construction;
• Participated in the research and development work carried out by MGSU on the topics of information modeling and construction technologies.
• Member of the Expert Council under the Public Council of the Ministry of Construction of the Russian Federation for the introduction of information modeling technologies.